The Ultimate Hit Songwriting
Research and Discovery Tool
A database of songwriting decisions, compositional characteristics, production techniques and much more.
ABOUT HIT SONGS DECONSTRUCTED IMMERSION
Immersion is the Hit Songs Deconstructed searchable database. This robust database offers over 200 criteria enabling highly customizable and comparative searches based on compositional characteristics, production techniques and more. Every song housed in the database includes a one-page deconstruction detailing key compositional characteristics.
WORK SMARTER WITH IMMERSION
IMMERSION is the ultimate hit songwriting research and discovery tool!
- Create highly customized searches with over 200 searchable criteria with the click of a button
- Compare hit song qualities across record labels, artists, songwriters, and more, to better understand the mainstream music landscape
- Research songs that have characteristics similar to your own compositions to determine how best to balance familiarity and originality, so that your songs easily connect while standing out from the pack
- Find and reference songs that match a specific vibe when composing or producing for TV and/or film
- Immerse yourself in the hits written or co-written by a particular songwriter to familiarize yourself with their techniques
- Every song housed in the IMMERSION database includes a one-page deconstruction containing key compositional characteristics such as genre, sub-genres, form, tempo, key, length instrumentation and much more.
The new trend search puts the latest songwriting trends at your fingertips. With a clear and interactive framework, it allows you to gain valuable insight and make informed decisions in a fast changing musical landscape.
Immersion offers highly customizable searches to find songs that possess a specific combination of compositional characteristics. You can also overlay criteria such as artists, songwriters, labels, peak chart position and much more. There are over 200 searchable fields.
Every song housed in the database includes a one-page deconstruction with key compositional characteristics, when the song entered to the Top 10 , the length of it’s stay and its peak chart position, as well as useful links such as the official video on YouTube, a link to the lyrics, and the song on Spotify and ITunes.
Compare compositional characteristics such as instrumentation, lyrical theme and tempo by songwriter, artist, record label, vocal gender and more.
Artist & Songwriter Searches
Find songs performed or written by a specific artist. Fine tune your search with criteria such as peak chart position, primary genre, songwriter and more
Find songs released by a specific label. Fine tune your search with criteria such as peak chart position, electric vs. acoustic instrumentation and more.
Save Your Searches
If you plan on searching for the same criteria on an ongoing basis, save your search to easily access those results with the click of a button. If there are songs you need to reference often, save those songs for easy access.
SEARCH BY A COMBINATION OF:
Genres & Sub-Genres
Song Title Characteristics
Solo vs. Duet/Group Vocals
Bridge / Bridge Surrogates
Instrumental / Vocal Break
Outro / Ending Characteristics